Friday 10 May 2013

Mini makeup & beauty haul


Ciao Bella!

So yesterday was the first day i've had to proper relax and do as i wish for a long time. Now university is finished for the summer break, i have quite a lot of free time. Today i decided to go shopping.  I got a few fair things but didn't stay out shopping too long as the weather isn't great at the moment- typical Manchester weather!






No7 High Shine Lip Crayon

I've been after an orange toned lipstick for a while, as citrus shades are on trend this spring. I  had a Boots No7 Voucher £3 from a previous purchase (when you spend £4 on anything in store) , so I thought I would get a orange lipstick from No7. After swatching many shades of lipsticks and lip stains, I chose to purchase the lip crayon in shade 'tickle'. It’s a soft and subtle orange colour which is a 'glide- on sheer and glossy colour for lightweight, moisturised feel in an easy to apply crayon format'. You don't need a sharper because it twist up- how convenient. The Lip crayons are priced at £9.00 (all No7 makeup is currently, buy one get one half price).




No7 High Shine Lip Crayon

No7 Sheer temptation Lipstick


This a repurchase, I’ve bought it again because it’s one of the few high street lipstick i actually really like. I purchased the No7 Sheer temptation in shade Sassy, which has a  SPF 15.  Its sheer buildable colour but still pigmented enough to show noticeable colour. Its priced at £9.50. The sheer temptation lipstick  glides easily over the lips, creating a shiny lip gloss effect without any stickiness. Its also packed full with natural waxes and theobroma oil (which you'll find in chocolate!) to hydrate and pamper your lips. All No7 makeup is currently, buy one get one half price also you can use your No7 £3 off makeup voucher. 



Left: Without flash  Right:With flash



Eylure Lashes 140 & 101


I go through so many pairs of eyelashes its unbelievable  Half the time i have to repurchase them because i've put the pair down i was wearing and can't find them - clumsy me. I was browsing through the lashes in my local boots and my eyes light up when i saw these two pack (the last on the self ) , that included an free extra pair of lashes in side. Bargain, works out around £2.68 per pair.  I got 140 which is an intense type , perfect for going out or for a special occasions and also 101 which is a natural type great for wearing during the day. 


Left : 140 Intense & 101 Natural/Evening wear
What's your favourite false lashes?


 MUA Nail Polish

MUA is such an affordable and on trend brand. Everytime i pop into superdrug i head right for the MUA stand. Most of their products start from just £1 and are currently 3 for 2. They have recently revamped their nail polishes, which now a mimic look of the brand Essie. I chose a pale purple shade, Lush Lilac, which is great for spring , as pastel colour are always key for spring (swatches below). The polish isn't watery and seems of good quality , but i will update you beauties once i've given myself a manicure with this pastel shade. 



MUA Nail polish in 'Lush Lilac'
Far left with flash
Far Right : without flash

MUA eyeliner & MUA eyebrow pencil


The MUA eyebrow pencil is a repurchase as i use it everyday in my daily makeup routine. I like the eyebrow pencil not only because its cheaply priced at £1 , but because of its creamy glide on texture. The MUA intense glitter eyeliner is a new purchase and has a similar texture and is also priced at £1. I thought the shade would be great for summer and wouldn't look as harsh a black eyeliner. And with the current 3 for 2 offer i thought of the eye pencil as my 'free' item so i wouldn't be losing much if i didn't like it on.

MUA eyebrow pencil in Brunette
MUA Intense glitter eyeliner in Malt chocolate


What's your favourite MUA product?


V05 Dry backcomb spray & V05 heat protection serum



Currently any two VO5 styling products are 2 for £5 in Boots ( or £3.49 each). I've previously purchased their tame and shine  heat defence and frizz free crème heat protector, i was left quite impressed with them so i thought I’d go ahead and buy two more products from their styling range. I'm a fan of big hair so when i saw the dry backcomb spray, it was a dream come true in a can. It  promises to instantly add fullness for amazing volume. I've yet to try it out - I’ll be sure to do a review when i do. I have used the heat serum to straighten and it lived up to my expectation. I'll do a full review of all my VO5 styling products soon, if you beauties want to hear more.
Plump up dry backcomb spray and smoothly does it heat protection serum


Jewellery


I originally went into Topshop to get bowler hat, but they were sadly out of stock. I though whilst i was in there id see what was in their jewellery sale section. I came across these spike diamante earrings reduced from £10.00 to £3.50 plus 10% student discount bringing the total to £3.15 - better than half price!

I also got some jewellery from Primark, a set including 3 earrings plus multiple rings rings. I initially only bought the set because of the gold hoop earrings and the gold pearls, but i'll still wear the rings and rose earrings. It cost  £2.50 less than 50p per item in the set.


Left: Primark multi earrings and ring set
Right: Topshop spike earrings



What's your favourite item you've bought recently?





This post was not sponsored.



3 comments:

Maria Sself said...

I would LOVE to see those lashes on you! I've never used them myself:-(

Jenny said...

Loving those lashes and polish amazing haul :-)

www.krystelcouture.com

Hedonistka said...

I love this Eylure Lashes!!

Post a Comment

 

Beauty by Lucilla Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger