Sunday 4 May 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic summer collection photos and swatches





I I love it when MAC release a new seasonal makeup collection. All MAC fans probably share the same excitement that I do and to rush to get their hands on their limited edition collection goodies.
Alluring Aquatics is MAC’s new summer collection for this year (2014), inspired by water. For their summer collection, MAC have really pushed the boat out (pun intended) with the Alluring Aquatics collection. From the detailed packing design to the different shades available. The packing on the lipsticks really visually appealing. Elegantly decorated with sheer water droplets that appear almost life like. These are also on the boxes of each product. 


 What do Mac have to say about their new summer collection?
 ‘yes take on a subtle radiance in tarnished olive, seafoam and darkened plum Extra Dimension Eye Shadow, lined with the pearlized black of Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner. Luminous Extra Dimension Blush gives cheeks a goddess glow and nails glisten in aquatic chrome. Lipstick, Lipglass and Lip Pencil feature dark, mystical violets and ice-cold pearlized nudes. Limited edition teal packaging, elegantly accented with sheer water droplets, leaves you totally seduced by the sea.



 I have to admit, I was a little late purchasing my products. As soon as they hit the makeup stands they tend to sell out rather quickly. I was lucky enough to visit House of Fraser, who still had a few left of each item. After many minutes swatching, applying and general ‘umming and arring’ over the selection, I opted for two lipsticks and a lipglass. I felt like a kid in a sweet shop, I wanted them all – but-no-can-do on my student budget unfortunately. I finally decided on Pet me please frost finish lipstick, the Modern Lure lip glass and Enhanced one matte lipstick






 MAC Enchanted One Lipstick is described as a “mid-tone neutral pink with a Matte finish.” It’s a muted, medium peachy-coral with warm undertones and a subtle rosiness, and it has a matte finish. When applying this product, I applied it with a brush rather than from the bullet itself. Too much of this colour can look unforgiving on my skin tone. 


 MAC Pet Me, Please Lipstick is described as a “light shimmering mauve with a Frost finish.” It’s a light-medium, peachy-beige with a hint of mauve/gray to it, but it still looked rather warm-toned overall. It had semi-opaque colour coverage, so the natural lip colour is going to influence the tone and colour of the lipstick applied. From what I’ve read, Pet Me, Please is a re-release but this Alluring Aquatics is a more pigmented version.


 Modern Lure lipglass is described as a “deep violet with pink pearl.” It’s a cool-toned, medium berry-red with a smattering of cool-toned, fuchsia pink shimmer. I LOVE this colour. This was the only lip glass I was persuaded to buy purely because of the on-trend purple colour. I think this shimmering lipglass would look gorgeous ontop on MAC’s satin finish rebel lipstick.
 



The Alluring aquatics definitely has to be one of my favourite MAC collections to date. I can’t wait for the other upcoming summer MAC collections.


 What has been your recent MAC purchase?


Lucilla xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Beauty by Lucilla Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger